As we are leaving Comox Valley, Vancouver Island, for the sun and the warmth of the southern States…
Shelley: Just so you know, these fuzzy, warm, in no way even remotely attractive sweat pants are not coming off until the temperature hits double digits.
John: Fine. Just so you know, we are not stopping until we hit California.
Since switching to WordPress, my husband John and I have been blown away by the number of people who have dropped by “Honey Did You See That?” We had no idea that our frank exchanges, such as the one above, would appeal to readers, specifically Grndma Chris author of Press “M” for Menopause
and Shutter. Speaking of Grndma Chris, she has once again recognized our efforts by nominating us for “THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD.” It is truly an honour to be thought of as inspirational. Thank you. Grndma Chris.
Now for the RULES to follow when nominated for the VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD:
1. Display the award logo somewhere on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State seven things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers and provide links to their blogs.
5. Notify those bloggers that hey have been nominated and of the award’s requirements.
Seven things about me you didn’t know before.
#1 Yes. Yes. I know that you know that I may cheat a little while playing games. What you don’t know is that I only cheat when it’s necessary, (When there is no hope) and that I would never ever cheat if money is involved. That would be wrong, on so many levels.
#2 While reading these books in public, I laughed out loud.
#3 John and I never did send in our American Idol Tryout video. Apparently you have to be American. Their loss. Trust me on this.
#4 John and I still can’t speak Spanish, despite the fact we bought the How to Speak Spanish for Beginners DVD almost a year ago.
#5 My Canadian Thanksgiving 2012 Family Dance Cover Gangnam Style video was rejected by Facebook because of Copyright issues. Thank God. I didn’t want that to go on my rap sheet.
#6 I don’t have a rap sheet.
# 7 There were times in my life when I may have told some half truths, such as when I wrote a letter to Donny Osmond
stating that I too had undergone an emergency appendix operation. Although technically this is not true, as I’ve never actually had my appendix removed, I did have an emergency procedure performed on me. A splinter was extracted from under my thumb nail by a sadist doctor when I was 11. By the way, Donny never wrote back. Sound familiar, Ellen Degeneres?? I AM SO OVER YOU!!!!!
Now for my nominees:
1) arjun bagga – I am not really sure how arjun found my blog, but since he has, we have struck up a virtual friendship. When he is not posting amazing pictures, he posts poetry. He has not inspired me to write poetry, but he has inspired me to think about the possibility of making “Honey did you See That?” into a sit-com or a movie. Even if it never happens, it has been too much fun bouncing ideas back and forth.
2) Ramblings From an Apathetic Adult Baby – When Justin Gawel, self described Dirtbag dropped by my blog, I decided to check out his. Glad I did. No topic is off limits for this funny man. (You’ve been warned!) Justin has inspired me to see the potential for humour in even the most mundane daily happenings.
3) The Return of the Modern Philosopher is written by moviewriternyu (Pretty sure that’s not his real name.) This screenwriter currently lives in Maine, in the house on the hill, along with the Devil, and Gary the Gargoyle. moviewriternyu‘s offbeat blogs reminds me of News updates. He has inspired me to believe in the Supernatural. Kidding. That’s crazy talk. He has inspired me to think about who my audience is. He call his Modern Philosophers.